Individuals & Families FAQ
What is LifeStream Digital Innovations, LLC?
LifeStream Digital Innovations®, LLC, helps individuals, families, schools, and businesses consolidate and organize information effectively, and help utilize it in a meaningful way. Our products and services work to help bring information to life and make it actionable.
What makes LifeStream Digital Memory Box unique?
With LifeStream Digital Memory Box, the individual can take control of their information. In this busy social media world, there is a lot of information available, but it requires the people seeing the information to put the information together correctly. Are they looking at accurate information? Are they reviewing it in the right timeline? Is something missing? You have no way of knowing unless you are deciding what information a person can see/review. LifeStream Digital Memory Box helps you to:
- Save information over time, from all aspects of your life, in a secure environment
- Consolidate and organize information for you
- Easily access your information online anytime you want
- Select and share the information you want privately with whomever you want
When would I use LifeStream Digital Memory Box®?
Anytime you experience something that is memorable or meaningful you should LifeStream it! Weddings, Bar mitzvah’s and Bat mitzvah’s, Communions, Confirmations, Projects, Community Service, Athletic and/or Artistic talent and events, Birthdays, Graduations, and more. Keep your information organized so you can access it anytime you want. Go down ‘memory lane’ with your children’s work, admire your own accomplishments from years past, use it to share a Science Fair project with a family member, or show the Professional Award you received with your friends. Plus, help differentiate your Admission or Job application from others by providing samples of your work, achievements, community service, life skills, and more! Our patent-pending concept, and user-friendly interface, will allow you the versatility that no other digital storage and portfolio solution can provide!
What is a Personal Brand?
It’s what makes you – YOU! As defined by Wikipedia, a personal brand “is the practice of people marketing themselves and their careers as brands. While previous self-help management techniques were about self-improvement, the personal branding concept suggests instead that success comes from self-packaging.” LifeStream Digital Innovations, LLC is creating a suite of services that will assist individuals with building and protecting their personal brand, and showcasing their uniqueness. Our pioneer service is LifeStream Digital Memory Box, a smart digital storage solution that also enables you to create a digital portfolio to showcase who you are and what you can do. Start LifeStreaming today!
Aren’t portfolios just for artists, athletes, musicians, etc?
Not anymore! Schools and businesses are working to take a more holistic approach to individual evaluation and want to see examples from any area in which an applicant may have excelled, made an impact, and/or had personal enthusiasm. Examples can go across a broad spectrum of categories including community service, extra-curricular activities, jobs/internships, interests, etc, in addition to athletic and/or artistic talents.
How do I get started with LifeStream Digital Memory Box®?
Getting started is easy. Simply Sign-up and start adding memories to your Digital Memory Box! Input your special memories, best work, awards, achievements and more. If you want to share a memory or multiple memories with a school, business, family member, or friend, simply create a LifeStream Digital Memory Box® portfolio and share your LifeStream portfolio link in your online application, other online service, or via email.
Is LifeStream Digital Memory Box® easy to use?
Yes! You do not need to be “tech savvy” to use our service. We use a step-by-step approach for the service so information can be easily input, viewed, and shared as desired. And, if you have any questions as you use the service, you can simply Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
How does LifeStream Digial Digital Memory Box® work?
Can I set-up more than one Digital Memory Box for my household?
Yes! You can set-up a LifeStream Digital Memory Box® for each person in your household for the same price. Or, set up work and personal digital memory boxes for yourself. The Main Account holder, the person who sets up the account, will have access to all Digital Memory Boxes within the account, whereas each person age 13+ within the household will only have access to their own Digital Memory Box.
Do you collect information from children?
This is a general-audience website and is not directed to users under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect PII directly from children under the age of 13. If you believe that we might have any PII submitted directly from a child under 13, please Contact Us. We will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible.
Do you need a lot of examples in your LifeStream portfolio?
No. LifeStream encourages you to be thoughtful about what you ultimately send in a LifeStream portfolio by identifying best examples of academic work (writing, projects, etc), awards and achievements, athletic or artistic talent, community service, extra-curricular activities, interests, etc., and only send those. What’s unique about LifeStream is that you can save all that you want over time and then select out only what you need for your LifeStream portfolio when you need it.
How do I know what to send?
Your LifeStream portfolio is meant to help you tell your story of who they are – showing your achievements, awards, personality, talents, interests, etc. Suggested examples (“memories”) based on some LifeStream categories are:
- Academic examples: These examples should show special projects, academic content (writing samples, etc), recommendations, or related activities (robotics clubs, language clubs, etc), that show quality and/or enthusiasm for your academic work and/or other school or professional development related activity.
- Athletic examples: If you play a sport, belong to an athletic club, volunteer for an athletic organization, work for or support a team in some way, have a passion for a sport and/or have talent in a sport, you can show your impact and explain your involvement in LifeStream.
- Community Involvement examples: If you formally volunteer or spend your time helping the community in any way, you can show what you are doing and explain why it is meaningful to you. If applicable, don’t forget to add any letters of impact or positive feedback you have received.
- Employment/Internship examples: From running a lemonade stand to having a formalized internship or part-time job, if you work or have done something work-related, show your experience, how often you work why you do (did) it, and whether you like(d) it along with any recommendations and/or positive feedback you have received.
- The Arts examples: If you are an artist or musician, have any involvement in plays or productions, artistic clubs, or other artistic talent or involvement, input samples of your work in LifeStream.
- Extra-Curricular Activities: If you are involved in any after school program, club, volunteer work, travel team, etc, add examples of these activities here.
Life Skills & Character Trait examples: If you learned or exhibited any life skills and/or personal character traits in any of your experiences, please remember to tag those within each applicable memory. This is unique to LifeStream, and a critical part of your application!
NOTE: If an experience goes across multiple categories, LifeStream made it easy for you – simply check all applicable categories your experience identifies with and you are all set! You only input the information once.
Can my child set-up an account?
How much does LifeStream Digital Memory Box® cost?
There are three options with introductory rates* for the service based on the amount of space you need for your account:
- LifeStream Basic: 2 Gigabytes of data for just $19.95/year (recommended for applications!)
- LifeStream Silver: 5 Gigabytes of data for just $49.95/year
- LifeStream Gold: 10 Gigabytes of data for just $99.00/year
- LifeStream Platinum: 20 Gigabytes of data for just $159.99/year
Set-up one or more Digital Memory Boxes for your household for the same price!
If I don’t have a PayPal account, can I still sign-up?
Does it cost anything for Schools or Businesses to view my LifeStream portfolio?
No, there is NO COST or integration for schools or businesses to view your LifeStream portfolio. Simply copy/paste your portfolio link into an online application, in your resume, or via email or other online service and the Admission Professional or Hiring Manager will be able to click through and view your LifeStream portfolio.
How do I access LifeStream Digital Memory Box® Portfolios/Do I need an account to access LifeStream Portfolios?
Is LifeStream Digital Memory Box® Secure?
What is the Cancellation Policy?
If you cancel within the 30-day free trial period. Once the trial period ends, you will be asked to pay the annual rate you selected via PayPal or Credit Card. Cancel at any time during the year and you will no longer be billed. No refunds are available. Your LifeStream Digital Memory Box®s(es) will remain active through the annual purchase period. Once canceled, all accounts will be deactivated on the annual purchase date. Portfolio links will no longer be active for viewers after deactivation.